What do I need to get a mortgage?

What do I need to get a mortgage?

You will need two or three years annual accounts, tax returns, tax year overview from HMRC website, and a copy of your tax computation from our filing software (rather than SA302 from HMRC - new rules introduced in December 2015 mean you no longer need an SA302).

*Despite new rules, some lenders still request a paper version of the SA302. However from 4 September 2017, HMRC will no longer issue paper versions to agents (i.e. accountants). You will be able to provide the majority of lenders with a copy of your tax calculation printed from either your HMRC online account or your commercial accounting software. A list of mortgage providers willing to accept printed versions as of 10/08/2017 is here.

We can recommend a broker who has completed mortgages for our clients in the past.

Please contact us if you need further information.

This answer was last checked May 2017. This answer is for general guidance only. It provides an outline, and may not include points which are important in your case. You should not rely on this answer without taking individual advice based on the full facts of your case. The information given was correct at the time of release.